Did you take the Forgiveness Quiz?
*quiz used from “Unpacking Forgiveness” by Chris Brauns*
1) Where deep wounds between people are concerned, forgiveness can be unpacked in a moment.
2) Personal happiness and joy can legitimately motivate people to live out what the Bible teaches about forgiveness.
3) Most Christian pastors and counselors agree about what forgiveness is and how it should take place.
4) Forgiveness occurs properly only when certain conditions are met.
5) Jesus said little about how people should resolve interpersonal conflict.
6) A willingness to forgive is a test of whether or not a person will go to heaven when he or she dies.
7) Good people get to the bottom of their disagreements.
8) There are times when it is wrong to forgive.
If you posted a perfect score, don’t celebrate yet. Be humble. It was true/false after all. You may have just guessed. Come to the conference or read the book to learn more.
At the other end of the grading scale, if you missed several, you could interpret your score in a couple of ways. The truly humble and teachable may say, “Wow, I really need to learn more about forgiveness. I am going to come to the conference or read the book.” On the other hand, if you are more like me (Pastor Travis), you will want to debate or push back. So we hope you will attend the conference and let Pastor Joe Braden make the biblical case for your growth in Christ.
Come Join Us!
Christians must separate what the world teaches or what we expect forgiveness to be, from what biblical forgiveness really is. Our conference this fall will challenge and press us toward a truly biblical vision and practice of forgiveness.
We will be welcoming Pastor Joe Braden and his wife Diane from First Baptist Church Saint Peters in Saint Peters, MO. Joe served as the Pastor here at Bethany Baptist for 9 years prior to his 27 years now at FBC Saint Peters. Joe will bless us in teaching from selected scriptures on Forgiveness with the key verse of Ephesians 4:32.
• Friday, 6:00pm Evening Worship (cookie fellowship to follow)
• Saturday, 8:30am, Mens Breakfast with teaching from Joe Braden
• Saturday, 11:00am, Ladies Lunch with teaching from Diane Braden
• Saturday, 6:00pm Evening Worship
• Sunday, 9:30am Sunday Morning Worship (nursery provided; no Sunday school)
• Sunday, 10:30am Sunday Morning Worship
• Sunday, 12 noon Carry-in Meal